Re: Installing Oracle 10g on Linux -- OUCH!!

From: Matthias Wirtz <Matthias.Wirtz_at_epost.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 20:52:01 -0500

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:418a8e08$0$32593$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> > Just curious if this has been a show-stopper for others wishing to use
> > Oracle on Linux? Mine is mainly for testing and learning, nothing
> > production.

> And yes, everyone else will point out how you can install onto this or
that
> distro...

Yes, did 9iR2 on Slackware 9 and RedHat 7 and 10g on RedHat too. Could be that some installation script expects things in different locations but nothing mission critical.

> though I strongly suggest that there is neither need nor occasion ever to
do so.

I don't get the point. If someone is familar with Slack why shoud he exchange it with something he doesn't know?

--
Matthias Wirtz  -  Norfolk, USA