Re: how many java objects in 9i?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Nov 2004 07:05:24 -0800

Harry Boswell <Harry_Boswell@@deq.state.ms.us> wrote in message news:<g975o09glc1qdjjb280e75nijtps7u5qra_at_4ax.com>...
> Some sites say in 9i there should be 10,000+ java objects in the database
> after installing java. I'm getting 8581 in all three instances (9.2.0.5,
> Solaris 9) I've java-enabled, but I haven't seen any errors when I install.
> A metalink article just says "over 8000). But a vendor is having problems
> getting some java code to compile; in their 9i instance, there's around
> 10,000 java objects - but it's a WinXP platform, Personal Oracle 9i. Can
> that make a difference?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry Boswell

I don't think the total count is platform dependant. I am pretty sure it is Oracle version dependant (8i, 9i or 10g) and what options you chose to install when doing the Oracle server install.

To install the base JServer to run most common options, you need to run $ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initjvm.sql. This will install ~6700 objects in 8.1.7.x, ~8500 objects in 9.2.0.x, and ~10500 objects in 10.1.x.

Now if you (optionally) choose to load XML components in JServer, then you need to run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/initxml.sql. You can load other options into the database by running some of the init*.sql files located in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory. The more options you install, the more objects you see in the database.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue Nov 02 2004 - 09:05:24 CST