Re: how many java objects in 9i?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Nov 2004 16:56:14 -0800

Harry Boswell <Harry_Boswell@@deq.state.ms.us> wrote in message news:<g975o09glc1qdjjb280e75nijtps7u5qra_at_4ax.com>...
> Some sites say in 9i there should be 10,000+ java objects in the database
> after installing java. I'm getting 8581 in all three instances (9.2.0.5,
> Solaris 9) I've java-enabled, but I haven't seen any errors when I install.
> A metalink article just says "over 8000). But a vendor is having problems
> getting some java code to compile; in their 9i instance, there's around
> 10,000 java objects - but it's a WinXP platform, Personal Oracle 9i. Can
> that make a difference?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry Boswell

I couldn't get a straight answer out of support when I asked about this over 8000 thing (91 something and 9204, W2K). I think the article was implying 8000 versus, say, 0, but some implications didn't make sense.

Can't really say much without knowing their error, but if they are compiling stuff, I would guess they have more than the basic O stuff?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://blahg.blank.org/index.php?p=291&c=1