Re: Using DBMS_STATS makes query execute WORSE.

From: Alek Lapuc <obimbus_at_poczta.onet.pl>
Date: 8 Oct 2004 02:11:21 -0700

Hi.

Thanks for all the anwsers. I think we shall try with adjusting optimizer parametrs, as it turned out that simmilar problem may exist in modules that we are currently deploying.

We shall try also compressing indexes.

Calculating full statistics instead of estimating did no better (obviously index with 25% selectivity is to bad for CBO any way).

Best regards,

Aleksander Lapuc