Re: Linux+Oracle performance problem!

From: Anton Dischner <nomail_at_nospam.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:33:01 +0200

Hi,

maybe you have to enable async i/o.

I have a box with -one- fibre channel RAID.

I hat to enable async i/o otherwise it dropped performance very bad with users > 1;

I highly recommend you to use a certified OS.

Try SuSE 9 and Oracle 10.1.03 which will be certified soon.

I think this is the coolest combination.

You can download both free in an umlimited version.

http://www.novell.com/linux/download_linux.html

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/in dex.html

orarun.rpm does much of the install/kernel hassle.

regards,

Toni Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 04:33:01 CDT