Re: saving contents of 6 tables simultaneously..

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:34:33 GMT

Nuno,

BTW, in the end (well, few weeks ago), it turned out it wasn't the jobs killing the server, it was the fact that the jobs were dropping and recreating an index, that was being used.

But we should speed up jobs anyway, thnx.

-A

On 3 Sep 2004 01:28:26 -0700, wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au (Noons) wrote:

>netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote in message news:<41375eee.689259392_at_localhost>...
>
>> This might speed up the inserts (from link looks like it's the same as
>> /*+ APPEND */ hint, but I still have a problem with having too many
>> jobs running at once. In addition, running things in parallel might
>> make the load worse.
>>

>Well speeding up the INSERT (yes, it is same as APPEND) will
>REDUCE the load on your system. Which means maybe you will be able
>to accomodate the extra jobs without a saturated system.
>But having a saturated system is not necessarily bad. It just means
>you got the perfect excuse to ask for more hardware! :)
>
>Cheers
>Nuno Souto
>wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Sep 29 2004 - 14:34:33 CDT