Re: saving contents of 6 tables simultaneously..

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 3 Sep 2004 01:28:26 -0700

netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote in message news:<41375eee.689259392_at_localhost>...

> This might speed up the inserts (from link looks like it's the same as
> /*+ APPEND */ hint, but I still have a problem with having too many
> jobs running at once. In addition, running things in parallel might
> make the load worse.

Well speeding up the INSERT (yes, it is same as APPEND) will REDUCE the load on your system. Which means maybe you will be able to accomodate the extra jobs without a saturated system. But having a saturated system is not necessarily bad. It just means you got the perfect excuse to ask for more hardware! :)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Fri Sep 03 2004 - 03:28:26 CDT