Installation of JAccelerator

From: diego <oriatodiego_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2004 01:53:39 -0700

After installing almost everything in the 10g package I get the following violation:

"Policy Rule:
Installation of JAccelerator (NCOMP)

Recommendation:
Oracle recommends installing JAccelerator(NCOMP) which typically contains Natively compiled (NCOMP) classes for improved Java Virtual Machine performance. Please refer to the Post-installation Tasks section in the Database Install Guide for instructions on how to install JAccelerator."

The recommendation points to a not very useful documentation. Also it seems to me that all the java libraries are already natively compiled in the 10g version.
Is this a warning I can ignore or should I worry? My application (a simple jdbc table insert-delete app) rely heavily on the best performance of the DB.
Any idea would be very much appreciated. Received on Thu Sep 23 2004 - 03:53:39 CDT