Bigger Type Length Than Maximum (URGENT)

From: Harish <harishrj_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2004 03:18:37 -0700

Hi All,

Please help me get rid of this weird JDBC Error: BIGGER TYPE LENGTH THAN MAXIMUM. This is really very very URGENT.

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 and JDBC driver ojdbc14.jar (downloaded from oracle.com) in combination to jdk 1.4.

Whenver my application tries to fetch data from the database (using statement.executeQuery...), i get this error.

Some points:

1. This happens randomly.
2. Usually happens with large volume of data (about 140,000 records)
3. There are about 5 columns of data type TIMESTAMP and 4 columns of
data type DATE.

Any one has a definite solution? please help me out. I have searched for the solution on various sites, but could not find the solution. Many forums suggest verifying the correct driver version for the Database version i am using. I have verified it and tried runnin again and again. This problem still persists. Received on Wed Sep 22 2004 - 05:18:37 CDT