Re: Bigger Type Length Than Maximum (URGENT)

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2004 14:10:24 -0700

harishrj_at_gmail.com (Harish) wrote in message news:<e274e9ee.0409220218.381cb218_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi All,
>
> Please help me get rid of this weird JDBC Error: BIGGER TYPE LENGTH
> THAN MAXIMUM. This is really very very URGENT.
>
> I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 and JDBC driver ojdbc14.jar (downloaded from
> oracle.com) in combination to jdk 1.4.
>
> Whenver my application tries to fetch data from the database (using
> statement.executeQuery...), i get this error.
>
> Some points:
> 1. This happens randomly.
> 2. Usually happens with large volume of data (about 140,000 records)
> 3. There are about 5 columns of data type TIMESTAMP and 4 columns of
> data type DATE.
>
> Any one has a definite solution? please help me out. I have searched
> for the solution on various sites, but could not find the solution.
> Many forums suggest verifying the correct driver version for the
> Database version i am using. I have verified it and tried runnin again
> and again. This problem still persists.

Have you searched for bugs? There are some that are fixed in 10g. 2858085 is one that gives that error, and I saw another one having to do with large volume but can't remember what it was. Frankly, I'm glad the stuff I work on uses OCI.

Open a tar if it is urgent. Usenet is not designed for urgency.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Being pursued by Larry is a bad dream with no ending: