Re: From 10g, "SQL Statement Length" description disappeared....

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 00:18:49 +0200

On 4 Sep 2004 10:14:55 -0700, jl23493_at_jp.ibm.com (Tadaaki Kawamura) wrote:

>http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10755/limits003.htm#sthref3594
>
>From 10g, on the above 'Logical Database Limits' section of
>'Reference' document, the description for 'SQL Statement Length'
>limitation (64K) has been dropped.
>Is this mean there is NO limitation on 10g or just mistake?

I think this newsgroup is the incorrect address for such questions, as probably no one ever has built or needed to build a 64k statement. Please followup with Oracle support, or better still, revise your code and your practices, you ever end up in such a situation. Why does the SQL languiage have views?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA