Install problems with Oracle installer 2.2 for Oracle 9i Client 9.2.0.1.0

From: MrMcFu <e_4_all_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Sep 2004 02:22:01 -0700

Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong forum - I am an Oracle Newbie.

Here are my computer specs :

Windows 2003 - fully patch from Microsoft as of Sept 4th 2004 HP LP2000r
1 x 1,1 Gig Intel processor
1 GB RAM
Hardware RAID 1, 12 GB with 8 GB freespace

Clean install, no other programs.

At first I tried running the Oracle installer program from the CD ROM and came up with the error that it could not find the javaw.exe program. I then tried installing and reinstalling several versions of java to no avail. Next I searched through groups.google and found the solution:

  1. Copy the Oracle CD to the hard drive. I copied it to a subfolder directly to C:\Oracle9i
  2. Change the file c:\oracle9i\install\ORAPARAM.INI to reflect the actual name of the directories listed in the install directories of the cd I just copied. I did this and next took out some "."s and put the absolute path to the java program and something called the "OUI_LOCATION".
JRE_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdjre/13110a/1/DataFiles/Expanded OUI_LOCATION=C:/oracle9i/stage/Components/oracleswdoui/220120/1/DataFiles/Expanded

Okay so good so far. This time the installer actually started.

The problem occurs in the next few steps, when I click "next" (weiter in German) from the welcome screen- please understand if I translate something wrong here.

Then I am shown the installation directory screen, where I select the default listed:

Source : C:\Oracle9i\STAGE\PRODUCTS.JAR
Target Name : OraHome92
Target Path : C:\oracle\ora92

I then click "Next" again.

The blue bar at the top shows the product list loads until it reaches 99%, then an error pops up saying something like

"During the loading of the library, an error has occured: areas:Queries".

On this same box, I can then select "Stop the installation of all products" or "Stop the installation of this komponent"

It doesn't matter which one I click- it then goes to the next screen on which I can pick to install the administrator, running, or custom setup. Once I pick a setup option, the previous error repeats at each component (it still doesn't matter what I select) until blue bar at the top reaches 100%, then I am taken the screen with the path selection so I can repeat the process all over again.

I read through some of the docs provided with the CD and found an error log which oracle created in c:\program files\oracle\inventory\logs\

"oraInstall03-09-2004_10-16-43.err"

java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the file specified

	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiix.OiixJarClassLoader.updateEntriesList(OiixJarClassLoader.java:263)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiix.OiixJarClassLoader.<init>(OiixJarClassLoader.java:209)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiix.OiixJarClassLoader.createLoader(OiixJarClassLoader.java:412)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiix.OiixJarClassLoader.createLoader(OiixJarClassLoader.java:431)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiix.OiixJarClassLoader.createLoader(OiixJarClassLoader.java:444)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisLibraryLoader.loadLibrary(OiisLibraryLoader.java:161)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisLibraryLoader.<init>(OiisLibraryLoader.java:103)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisQueryLibLoader.<init>(OiisQueryLibLoader.java:41)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession.getLibLoader(OiicInstallSession.java:4637)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession.getQueryLibLoader(OiicInstallSession.java:4420)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompContext.doQuery(OiisCompContext.java:2215)
	at Components.oracle.swd.jre.v1_3_1_1_0a.CompContext.getCalculatedValueObject_PROD_HOME(Unknown
Source)
	at Components.oracle.swd.jre.v1_3_1_1_0a.CompContext.getCalculatedValueObject(Unknown
Source)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompContext.getCalculatedValue(OiisCompContext.java:612)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisProdHomeVar.getCalculatedValue(OiisProdHomeVar.java:199)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisVariable.setVariable(OiisVariable.java:1353)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisProdHomeVar.computeVarValue(OiisProdHomeVar.java:311)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompInstallation.calculateProdHome(OiisCompInstallation.java:609)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompInstallation.initContext(OiisCompInstallation.java:325)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$CompInit.initComp(OiicInstallSession.java:1379)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$CompInit.run(OiicInstallSession.java:1307)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the file specified
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisLibraryLoader.<init>(OiisLibraryLoader.java:113)
[...]
oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCancelException: java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the file specified
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompContext.doQuery(OiisCompContext.java:2316)
[...]
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiis.OiisCompInstallation.initContext(OiisCompInstallation.java:345)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$CompInit.initComp(OiicInstallSession.java:1379)
	at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$CompInit.run(OiicInstallSession.java:1307)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Also the content of this file,
"installActions03-09-2004_10-16-43.log", also found in this directory, maybe of use too:

Umgebungsvariablen:

	ORACLE_HOME =
	PATH = C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\OraInstall2004-09-03_10-15-59AM\oui\bin\win32;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
	CLASSPATH =

Der Benutzername lautet: Administrator
Liste der Standardverzeichnisse kann nicht aus dem Bestand gelesen werden.
Version von Installer:2.2.0.12.0

Festlegen des Wertes für FROM_LOCATION zu C:\Oracle9i\STAGE\PRODUCTS.JAR
Festlegen des Wertes für ORACLE_HOME_NAME zu OraHome92 Festlegen des Wertes für ORACLE_HOME zu C:\oracle\ora92

Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_COMPONENT_LOCATIONS_PAGE zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_CUSTOM_TREE_PAGE zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_SUMMARY_PAGE zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_INSTALL_PROGRESS_PAGE zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_REQUIRED_CONFIG_TOOL_PAGE zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_OPTIONAL_CONFIG_TOOL_PAGE zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_RELEASE_NOTES zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_END_SESSION_PAGE zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_SPLASH_SCREEN zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_WELCOME_PAGE zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_ROOTSH_CONFIRMATION zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_EXIT_CONFIRMATION zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für NEXT_SESSION zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für NEXT_SESSION_ON_FAIL zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_DEINSTALL_CONFIRMATION zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für SHOW_DEINSTALL_PROGRESS zu true
Festlegen des Wertes für INVENTORY_LOCATION zu C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory
Festlegen des Wertes für UNIX_GROUP_NAME zu Initialisieren der Bestandseinrichtung von WCCE Ausführen eines Vorgangs zur Bestandseinrichtung von WCCE Festlegen des Wertes für CLUSTER_NODES zu

!!!!!This line below looks like where the problem occurs, but I am not sure what to do about it . . . the folder ContentsXML was never created . . .
C:/Program Files/Oracle/Inventory/ContentsXML/comps.xml kann nicht gelesen

werden. Einige Bestandsinformationen könnten nicht mehr vorhanden sein.
*** Fehler Dialogfeld: Beim Laden der Bibliothek ist ein Fehler aufgetreten : areasQueries ***
Ausgewählter Benutzer: Installation aller Produkte stoppen.

Festlegen des Wertes für PROD_HOME zu C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\..\oui
Festlegen des Wertes für PROD_HOME zu
C:\oracle\ora92\oracle.doc.windoc
Festlegen des Wertes für PROD_HOME zu
C:\oracle\ora92/oracle_rsf_oracore_rsf
Ausführen eines Vorgangs zur Einrichtung für den Zugriff auf das Installationsprogramm

Thanks if you get this far and I hope I provided enough information. Please help if you can!!!

Best regards,
MrMcFu Received on Fri Sep 03 2004 - 04:22:01 CDT