Re: Problem with patch 9.2.0.5

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:33:09 +0200

lbroto wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I tried to install the patch 9.2.0.5. but I've encoured a problem during
> installation.
>
> I've got a warning who asked me to stop somes services:
> OracleMTSRecoveryService, OracleOraHome92TNSListener,
> OracleOraHome92Agent et OracleServiceBETA.
>
> After stopping it, I tried to install the patch again but I've got the
> following error: "No service associated with process that use it" and
> installation process stop at this point.
>
> I would like to know if you succeed to install this patch and if you've
> got an idea to fix my problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Laurent
>
> P.S.: I'm sorry for my bad english...

Hello Laurent,

I remember running into the same issue. It all had to do with shutting down another service, however I can't remember which one it was.

I'd suggest you shutdown all services that are in any obvious way related to oracle (OracleXXXX), as well as e.g. Distributed Transaction Coordinator, IIS Admin Service etc.. Is this a test system, BTW? Don't stop services if you don't know what they are for.

HTH Holger Received on Fri Aug 20 2004 - 10:33:09 CDT