Session distribution on 9i RAC

From: Steffen Roegner <sroegner_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:09:04 +0200

Howdy,

We have a 4-node 9.2.0.4 RAC on Red Hat Ent. Linux 3 running. We want to use load balancing for users and a dedicated node for nightly batch processing. Our users tnsnames.ora looks like this:

USERS =
   (DESCRIPTION =

       (ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node1)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node2)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = node3)(PORT = 1521))
(LOAD_BALANCE = on)
(FAILOVER = on)
) (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = cluster.domain.de)
(FAILOVER_MODE =
(TYPE = session) (METHOD = basic) ) )

  )

Since the users connect via the service_name, they will also get sessions on the last, fourth node which is not even mentioned in the address list which prevents me from setting things like a really big sort_area_size for this node.

How can I prevent the users from being connected to the 4th node?

Cheers,
steffen Received on Fri Aug 13 2004 - 05:09:04 CDT