Re: installing oracle on LINUX SUSE 9.1 book Version

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 07:52:15 +1000

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:23:58 +0100, Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_DELETE_THIS.BountifulSolutions.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <opsckbht0k3d8uqx_at_shostakovich.dizwell.com>, hjr_at_dizwell.com
> says...
>>
>> From what I've been reading, it's potentially the same for all
>> 2.6-based
>> distros. Mandrake 10 is reported to have the same issue, for example.
>>

> Well, I've been running Mandrake 10 in this XP laptop since it came out
> and both still boot fine. I've only heard of the problem with Fedora
> Core 2.

Yeah. Oddly enough, I was dual booting Fedora 2 and XP just fine for a week or so, too. Until I decided I could junk XP. So, it's one of those things that depends on the wind direction, I think.

>> I also read that 2.6.6 makes the issue disappear.
>>
>> But anyway: dual booting is for wimps!!
>>

> Or for some poor sod who has to keep a Windows partition on his laptop
> so that he can connect to his work's network etc - guess who :o)

Poor you!

You know there's nothing worse than ex-smokers? Well, there's nothing like someone who's just junked XP for religious fervour on the matter!

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Aug 11 2004 - 16:52:15 CDT