Re: done something dumb!

From: Chuck <chuckh_nospam_at_softhome.net>
Date: 6 Aug 2004 14:44:33 GMT

"Tom" <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com> wrote in news:1091795514.76376.0_at_dyke.uk.clara.net:

> Hi
>
> 9.2.0.4 on Linux
>
> This is thankfully a dev instance but.....
>
> In the process of me testing RMAN recovery from one instance to
> another i accidentally deleted all online redo and replaced all the
> control files with backup ones! Oops. Kinda got mixed up as to which
> box i was on during the process.
>
> Anyway - Everything is unning OK and i can login and do the selects
> etc but i'm wondering what will happen over time. Will it just work OK
> and online redo's get recreated? Or will it all die horribly and i
> will have to recreate it correctly from backup?
>
> thanks

I'm somewhat 9i ignorant as we still haven't made the switch, but how did you open the database without online redo logs? Did you recreate them by opening the database with RESETLOGS option? Or haven't you shut down the instance since this happened? If not I would do a "backup controlfile to trace" ASAP. In a pinch you'lll be able to recreate the controfiles from that if you need to. The missing online logs shouldn't be a problem as long as you can do a normal shutdown on the instance. They can be recreated with RESETLOGS when you open the database the next time.

--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email