Re: done something dumb!

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:01:46 GMT

> I'm somewhat 9i ignorant as we still haven't made the switch, but how did
> you open the database without online redo logs? Did you recreate them by
> opening the database with RESETLOGS option? Or haven't you shut down the
> instance since this happened? If not I would do a "backup controlfile to
> trace" ASAP. In a pinch you'lll be able to recreate the controfiles from
> that if you need to. The missing online logs shouldn't be a problem as
> long as you can do a normal shutdown on the instance. They can be
> recreated with RESETLOGS when you open the database the next time.

thanks for the replies - This was thankfully on dev and not production - the db was still running as i had not shutdown the instance since deleting all control files and online redo - They are multiplexed to 3 locations but that does not stop one deliberately (by accident) deleting them.

anyway as it stood i just nuked all datafiles and restored the control files from my RMAN backup and then restored out from there. A bit annoying and embarrasing but none the less it got me out of the situation.

thanks Received on Mon Aug 09 2004 - 11:01:46 CDT