Re: oracle - mysql comparison

From: JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:14:29 -0500

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.databases.oracle.server.] On 2004-07-21, michael newport <michaelnewport_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> such as ?

Hash partitioning and active-active clustering.

Hot/Warm backups and Point-in-time recovery may also be issues.

However, I don't know enough about Ingres to comment in this. Although this is clearly an area where MySql and Postgres clearly are lacking.

--
It is not true that Microsoft doesn't innovate.

        They brought us the email virus.

	In my Atari days, such a notion would have             |||
	been considered a complete absurdity.                 / | \