Re: Export Problem

From: Anders <ahansen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2004 08:27:38 -0700

Thanks for your reply! Here is what I have tried now. You were correct, I found that I had man "INVALID" obejcts when running your query. So, I created a new SID to use for a simple test. In this new database I created a new tablespace, TESTUSER and a new user TESTUSER.  I created a single table, TEST, in this database to attempt my export. Then I attempted to export using the following:

C:\Ora_Home\rdbms\admin>exp userid=system/tigger_at_TESTDB owner=TESTUSER file=test.dmp grants=N compress=N consistent=Y recordlength=8192 Export: Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production on Fri Jul 23 09:31:56 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set
Note: grants on tables/views/sequences/roles will not be exported

About to export specified users ...

. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
. exporting foreign function library names for user TESTUSER
. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms
. exporting private type synonyms
. exporting object type definitions for user TESTUSER
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I then connected as sys/internal and ran the catexp.sql

SQL> connect sys/internal_at_TESTDB as SYSDBA Connected.
SQL> @catexp.sql

I then tried exporting again using the same command shown above and got the same 942 error shown above. I then verified that I still didn't have invalid objects using:

select count(*)
from dba_objects
where status = 'INVALID'

Still no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Received on Fri Jul 23 2004 - 10:27:38 CDT