Re: Export Problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:23:41 +0200

On 21 Jul 2004 06:41:39 -0700, ahansen1_at_yahoo.com (Anders) wrote:

>I am by no means a DBA so forgive me if this is a simple question. I
>am attempting to run an export against my Oracle database. When doing
>so I get the following:
>
>Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 -
>Production
>With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
>JServer Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
>Export done in WE8ISO8859P1 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR
>character set
>server uses WE8MSWIN1252 character set (possible charset conversion)
>Note: grants on tables/views/sequences/roles will not be exported
>
>About to export specified users ...
>. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
>. exporting foreign function library names for user GDTMN_MNBUILD
>. exporting PUBLIC type synonyms
>. exporting private type synonyms
>. exporting object type definitions for user GDTMN_MNBUILD
>EXP-00008: ORACLE error 942 encountered
>ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>EXP-00024: Export views not installed, please notify your DBA
>EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
>
>Looking through the newsgroups I have found that catexp.sql needs to
>be run in order to enable export. So, I ran this file as SYSDBA,
>however my export is still not working. I then found some indication
>that catalog.sql may need to be ran again? I just wanted to make sure
>that this made sense and check that running catalog.sql would not "in
>theory" affect my existing data in the database. Any advice is
>greatly appreciated. Thanks!

'Still not working' calls for crystal balls. Are you getting the same exact error messages. Likely your datadictionary is screwed up. Running catalog.sql is non-intrusive, but right now you would better select owner, object_name, object_type
from dba_objects
where status = 'INVALID'
something may be seriously wrong and/or you created the dictionary when running as SYSTEM (or any other user not being SYS as SYSDBA)

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA