oracle - mysql comparison

From: jonathan <ttyp32000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2004 14:23:42 -0700

hey all,

I realize that this question might pop up from time to time, but I haven't seen it a while and things might of changed, so -

Right now (July 2004) how does mysql stand up in comparison to oracle? We are seriously considering migrating our multi-processor oracle system to mysql to save on licensing costs, and would need several features that mysql may or may not have:

In addition, have any oracle DBAs out there gone through the conversion process between mysql and oracle? If so, what were the gotchas/catches that you went through? What are features that are there that you like or feel are missing? I apologize in advance for the cross-post, but I did want to get as wide a range of opinion as possible..

Thanks much,

jon Received on Thu Jul 08 2004 - 16:23:42 CDT