Re: The new Beastie Boys cd has a virus

From: FunkyDevil <qs8rzr001_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: 22 Jun 2004 05:54:40 -0700

"JR" <nowayinhell_at_spam.com> wrote in message news:<poKdnaLGiIxMr0rdRVn-ig_at_giganews.com>...
> This is for real... and very bad, and its very naive to think you're save on Linux or MacOS,
> they are working hard on the implementation of DRM on these platforms
>
> JR

 There is a conspiracy theory out there that says , they make copy protection that's strong but breakable , like it is now , so that the public does not take it seriously ( right now ) but at the same time they begin to accept that CDs will continue to contain copy protection , until one day it's no longer breakable but you are already used to buying Copy Protected Cds.

 Of course why you people are still buying CDs ESPECIALLY with copy protection on it is an unknown to me....

 The beastie boys have a song on that album talking about "it takes a second to wreck it but takes time to build" ...something like that , but it is only aimed at Bush and not al qaeda , at least that's the way I heard it.

 That's not the kind of album I want to support.

But that doesn't mean I like GWB. But it seemed like they were only concerned with GWB's bombing campaigns and no one else , I don't think I heard them mention Islamic Terrorist at all , but they did mention GWB. Received on Tue Jun 22 2004 - 07:54:40 CDT