Re: ORA-00911 on Oracle 10g DBCA during install

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:09:07 +1000

"Andreas Walter" <awaltx_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:cb69vi$bna$1_at_nets3.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE...

> Yes, you're right - including the error message surely is helpful. I
> have just encountered this error one time or another using SQL*Plus
> and already knew what error is indicated by the humber, so I suppposed
> most poeple saw already the it.

You're the one asking for help. Don't suppose anything about the people you're asking it from.

>The core of the problem is: Since the
> error occurs during database creation with dbca, I don't know where
> I can find according SQL scripts to spot the error.

Do you not think that, given the nature of the error, you might provide just a little bit more information about how you are going about creating this database? Are you doing it as part of the installation? Are you doing it as a separate exercise from the installation? What database name are you asking to use? What database character set are you asking for? What national character set are you using?

The core of the problem here is: we have no idea what you are doing or how you are doing it; we can only go on what you actually describe to us; and "it's not working" doesn't take us very far.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 08:09:07 CDT