Re: After Creating New Dtabase...

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:04:34 +1000

"Arijit Chatterjee" <arijitchatterjee123_at_yahoo.co.in> wrote in message news:ea01504d.0406210013.330c42ce_at_posting.google.com...
> Dear Howard,
> I am really thankful to U.Now I am able to connect my both the
> databases.
> I am just informing you that for my firstdb sid is required but for
> seconddb no sid is need only through userid and password I can connect
> to my seconddb.
> But if I giving the sid "seconddb" then getting error
> ERROR:
> ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in
> connect
> descriptor
> regards
> Arijit Chatterjee

You're repeating yourself now, and not giving me anything on which to go to help you.

The error 12514 means your tnsnames.ora is requesting a connection to service name XXXX, but your listener is only aware of service YYYY; or ZZZZ; or anything but the service name you're asking to connect to.

That needs sorting out.

So, tell me. What do you get when both instances are running, and you type the command

lsnrctl services

???

Don't describe it. Cut it and paste it. And whilst you're at it, show us the now-current version of your tnsnames.ora.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Jun 21 2004 - 08:04:34 CDT