fast_start_mttr_target value is ignored

From: Jack <admin_at_stirlingonline.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2004 18:11:46 -0700

Hi;

I'm trying to learn about using the MTTR Advisor.

I have an Oracle 9.2 EE instance running on Win2K.

In my init.ora (I'm not using a spfile yet) I have fast_start_mttr_target = 300.

However, when I check the fast_start_mttr_target via SHOW PARAMETER it shows it set to 0. The parameter statistics_level is coming back set to TYPICAL, which I believe is correct and necessary.

Any ideas about why this is happening?

Thanks, Jack Received on Thu Jun 17 2004 - 20:11:46 CDT