Re: fast_start_mttr_target value is ignored

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:21:28 +1000

"Jack" <admin_at_stirlingonline.com> wrote in message news:7a80a637.0406171711.70417752_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi;
>
> I'm trying to learn about using the MTTR Advisor.
>
> I have an Oracle 9.2 EE instance running on Win2K.
>
> In my init.ora (I'm not using a spfile yet) I have
> fast_start_mttr_target = 300.

And how exactly do you know for certain that you're not using an spfile?

What does 'show parameter spfile' typed in SQL*Plus connected as SYS report in its VALUE field?

The usual reason for a value in the init.ora to be ignored is because there is an spfile lurking in the background which takes precedence. If that command shows any value at all for the spfile, then you are actually using one.

Regards
HJR