Re: 9i New Features E-book

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:09:34 +1000

I tried replying to Igor by mail at the address shown, but it comes back as address unknown, though I suppose it may have gotten through despite that (ISP playing up again, etc). So I'll post it here just in case.

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your post on the newsgroup. You will see my reply in which I disagree with you regarding the merit of the thread, but that's fair enough.

I actually just wanted to write to thank you for drawing to my attention what the Dizwell website says about me. Although I set the first Dizwell business up as a sole trader affair, Dizwell became a shareholder-owned plc in April of this year. So it's not actually my company. And that's a long-winded way of saying, it's not actually "my" website, either... though obviously I have a large input to its technical content. Marketing stuff I leave to others, however. Therefore, the comment you quoted about being the 'world's leading trainer' is not one I would have made about myself; it's not one I *have* made about myself; and it's not one I *want* made about myself. I have had a word with the relevant people, and that puffery will be disappearing at the next site update, about the 15th of the month.

So thanks once again

Regards
HJR

I should have said "educator" not trainer, of course. And I should have said "relevant person" not "relevant people". We're not quite that big yet. But otherwise...

Regards