Re: DDL inside trigger.

From: Gama Franco <Gama_Franco_at_clix.pt>
Date: 8 Jun 2004 02:25:12 -0700

"Dave" <david.sharples3_at_ntlXworld.com> wrote in message news:<Co7xc.578$HN2.451_at_newsfe3-win.server.ntli.net>...

> "Gama Franco" <gama_franco_at_clix.pt> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I'm developing a distributed application using Oracle 9i and I need to
> > use DDL inside a trigger. I've read that it isn't possible, but I
> > believe that there must be another way to solve this situation.
> >
> > My idea is to create a trigger on a table that detects insertions and
> > creates users in the local and remote databases.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Gama Franco
> >

> you can use execute immediate inside a block (but i will question as to why
> you are doing this)

Hi,

Thank you for your ansewer, but can you be more specific?

The idea is to have the same users in all the destributed databases. I would like to detect the creation of an user in a Node and register that user in the other Nodes of the system.

Best regards,
  Gama Franco Received on Tue Jun 08 2004 - 04:25:12 CDT