9i New Features E-book

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:30:08 +1000

I realise that nothing is very new in 9i anymore, what with 10g having been released. But I've had a lot of email saying 'where is your 9i new features document?'. Besides which, 10g still uses a lot of the features that *were* new in 9i... so you might as well read about them somewhere!

So whilst it's not *that* new features document, for various reasons to do with steely-eyed lawyers with too many dollars to burn, it's nevertheless a completely new new features document. It's based on Release 2 instead of Release 1, and it's now available under the E-books link from www.dizwell.com.

And a 10g equivalent is in production, and would be ready about mid-July, probably. Except that I'm taking all of July out to "do" the US. Most of it, in fact. Although not the top bit in the middle, which I'm told is boring, though personally I never saw anything wrong with Mt. Rushmore since my first viewing of 'North by North West'. I shall even be visiting Roanoke and Kitty Hawk in North Carolina, which is not a million miles from Uncle Don. Perilously close, in fact. Dare I drop in and say 'Do you know how indexes work yet?'?!

Anyway: as a result of my Stateside peregrinations, the 10g book will not be ready, probably until at least September, once I get back.

Apologies if this counts as spam: I didn't think it would.

Regards
HJR Received on Sat Jun 05 2004 - 02:30:08 CDT