Re: "Delta" or "elapsed" time column in Oracle

From: Bill McLaughlin <mcbill20_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2004 23:16:36 -0700

Thanks to both of you for the info. I ended up using the INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND to store the data. I hope I made the right choice. Now my main problem is using this column in calculations. It's easy to select based on interval ranges, but I am having difficult using other functions (like mean and average) as they are expecting numeric values. I am going through the SQL reference to find the solution. However, if anyone can point me to any specific documentation or examples I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Bill