Re: database market share 2003

From: Larry <Larry_at_nospam.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 03:31:33 GMT

And why wouldn't Oracle's results be skewed by it's heritage on UNIX, and Microsoft's be skewed by its heritage on Windows? What does that prove? As long as you are growing on the relevant platforms (which IBM is), and as long as you maintain a significant overall market share ... that proves that you are going to be around as a company and more importantly, as a database company for the foreseeable future. This is what's most important about market share. Otherwise, I don't understand your point. It's like saying that because Nabisco has a higher overall market share in the cookie market ... and that this is skewed by them having the leading market share in Oreo sandwich cookies, you won't buy Keebler cookies.

Larry Edelstein