Re: Database Report Generator - beta testers needed

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 05:37:57 GMT

Wolfgang Rochow wrote:

> If I may be so bold, let me suggest that you do not judge Alex until you
> have tested his work.

I do not judge Alex' work. I do ask him to read the published work of an authority in the area of developing against Oracle databases to make his own evaluation based on verifiable facts as demonstrated in that work.

I also express surprise that someone who states he has 13 years of SQL experience on several platforms would even consider publically stating that he uses JDBC with only 3 days consideration of the Oracle environment as well as acknowledging that he has no prior experience with Oracle. Someone with 13 years experience should know that every relational database engine is sufficiently different that a significant effort should be expended in understanding the way the engine works. Natively, transportable JDBC does not translate efficiencies from one platform to another.

The reason I ask the he look at the book is simple: he appears to demonstrate a lack of understanding, or possible ignorance, of the target environment, even while potentially demonstrating brilliance with his tool set.

/Hans Received on Sun May 16 2004 - 00:37:57 CDT