Re: Database Report Generator - beta testers needed

From: Wolfgang Rochow <contactme_at_mysignatureline.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 01:24:23 GMT

"Hans Forbrich" <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:7Kxpc.9746$RM.7034_at_edtnps89...
> Alex Molochnikov wrote:
>
> > I am well aware of this. What you don't appear to realize is that I have
> > no posts to be ashamed of.
>
> <snip>
>
> > so. I have precisely 3 days experience with Oracle - and this is all
that
> > was needed to make a program layer to call the Oracle JDBC driver, and
> > learn the peculiar ways in which it handles BLOBs and CLOBs.
>
> <snip>
>
> > However, what I do have is 13 years experience with SQL in various
> > implementations, plust 5 years experience with the JDBC, and this ...
>
> Congratulations on your three days programming JDBC against Oracle.
>
> I strongly encourage you to read the first chapter of Thomas Kyte's
"Expert
> One on One Oracle" book and then review your post and these comments in
> particular. I suspect you now have something to be ashamed about.
>
> /Hans

I have been following this thread with bemusement and concern. Personally, it is not my style to offend anyone. Alex simply wants his message to get out, in every way possible. Obviously, it has offended the sensibilities of some.

However, I am equally concerned when I see supposedly professional people vilifying each other and possibly wanting to show off their supposed superiority by pooh-poohing others. I myself am a professional accountant and my specialty is business reengineering for our clients, so I have no intentions of contributing to the Oracle lamentations.

I have had the pleasure of having had Alex as a "partner" for over a decade and I continually marvel at his brillance. Alex has been a key factor in developing our flagship product "STEP FORWAD" and now the derivative "Scribe." Our clients have been impressed with the power and versatility of STEP FORWARD and it is, for me, professionally rewarding to provide solutions for our clients using the STEP FORWARD tools.

One of my wishes is that someday we may have someone as brilliant as Alex join us as a "partner" (working shareholder), he is that good.

If I may be so bold, let me suggest that you do not judge Alex until you have tested his work.

Wolfgang Rochow, CGA, President
Gestalt Corporation
www.gestalt.com
contactwolfgang_at_gestalt (remove contact to email me) Received on Sat May 15 2004 - 20:24:23 CDT