Re: Oracle RMAN Installation location

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 May 2004 13:31:02 -0700

nervnett_at_hotmail.com (sogge) wrote in message news:<b2a05009.0405140111.2adce5c3_at_posting.google.com>...
> all,
>
> not being an oracle guru, i've got one question regarding rman:
> is there any best practice regarding the installation location for rman?
> if yes, is it of any use to implement a failover for the rman "workstation" then?
> what does oracle say (apart from "nothing", at least on their website)?
>
> tia,
> sogge

I've created a recovery catalog for my production instances in a database on a test server. Not on the production server. My thinking was that if my production server went up in smoke, the recovery catalog should still be available. If you have a remote site to the instances you're backing up, it would even be better to have it there.

HTH,
Pete's

Opinions I may have stated are my own. Received on Fri May 14 2004 - 15:31:02 CDT