Re: Oracle RMAN Installation location

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 May 2004 13:54:14 -0700

nervnett_at_hotmail.com (sogge) wrote in message news:<b2a05009.0405140111.2adce5c3_at_posting.google.com>...
> all,
>
> not being an oracle guru, i've got one question regarding rman:
> is there any best practice regarding the installation location for rman?
> if yes, is it of any use to implement a failover for the rman "workstation" then?
> what does oracle say (apart from "nothing", at least on their website)?
>
> tia,
> sogge

Failover, no, but you do want to back it up.

I've seen some places that don't have good communication between PC hardware people and users do things like replace the workstation in the middle of the night without notice. And then wonder why the DBA's are so upset, after all, they got a better machine! :-O

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.engtrends.com/edit_05-2004.html