Re: Index management

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 14 May 2004 13:23:17 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<40a3ecea$0$23827$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Niall Litchfield wrote:
> > "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>But we, the Knights that say "Ni!", believe that a nice little herb
> >>garden is probably more useful than an index rebuild in about 95% of
> >
> > cases.
> >
> > I beg your pardon - I never promised you a herb garden.
>
> Upon reflection, no you didn't. It was a small shrubbery, IIRC.
>
> > Er, I'll get me coat.
>
> You could just take it off and come inside. Ah! Those were the days, my
> friend!
>
> Regards
> HJR
Greater than 95% of both herbs and shrubs are observeably neither male nor female.

It's those small percentages that mean a great deal that seem to have importance all out of proportion to their size.

Hummingbirds do a good job of focusing on the small percentages that are important. So should we.

Watch a hummingbird. They hover over a patch of plants, then zoom right in and lick those reproductive parts.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Would an overworked hummingbird suffer from carpel tongue syndrome?