DBs on different servers require different sqlnet.ora files

From: Dave <dgmoore_at_erols.com>
Date: 14 May 2004 07:22:27 -0700

Environment:

WinNT 4.0 Build 1381 SP6, Revised SP 6a on Novell Oracle 9i Rel 1 (9.0.1.1.1) for Windows

Problem:

I have several different apps that connect via ODBC to databases on different servers. I have a situation in which a db on one of the servers requires the line NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = blah in sqlnet.ora, but a db on a different server chokes if that line is present.

I have tried deleting sqlnet.ora: one of the dbs works fine without it, but the other one does not.

I could have the respective apps generate the appropriate sqlnet.ora file upon launching, but this might result in portability problems when the app is deployed to other workstations.

Is there a sqlnet.ora that can satisfy both of these requirements simultaneously?

Thanks
Dave Received on Fri May 14 2004 - 09:22:27 CDT