Re: Any thoughts?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2004 17:35:33 -0700

orclwzrd_at_yahoo.com (john) wrote in message news:<4e062d34.0404290314.6eb7828c_at_posting.google.com>...
> Anybody have any insight into the difference between the statistics
> 'session logical reads' and 'consistent gets' + 'db block gets' at
> both the session and system level. Usually the logical reads is
> determined by consistent gets + db block gets, session logical reads
> does not always equal this value. I'm just wondering why and if
> there's any reason to use one over the other. I've seen it both ways
> but not really any explanation. Seems that both should be correct.
>
> Of course, if I've missed the answer already posted sometime before,
> that would be nice to know too.
>
> Thanks for any feedback
>
> John

John, what version and platform? I have seen support posts on metalink related to the buffer hit ratio making reference to the fact that Oracle does not calculate the value of logical reads correctly. But the internal calculation of any of the statistics is subject to change and error with every release.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 19:35:33 CDT