Re: jdk118 after oracle install on redhat

From: roshan <aiyoo2_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2004 06:21:30 -0700

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<Ewzjc.24943$en3.24400_at_edtnps89>...
> roshan wrote:
>

> > Thanks very much for your answer, I will remove it as I am not using
> > httpd.
>
> Curious - why do you want to remove the JDK?

The suggested install of JDK with oracle 8i is version 1.1.8. I think this is fairly old, I want to install the latest (jdk 1.4 I think) as I want to install the latest Tomcat as well.

Oracle install wanted $JAVA_HOME to point to jdk118. Once I start developing I want JAVA_HOME to point to the latest jdk. I can just unlink, but I don't want 2 jdk'd sitting on my disk. My original question was does Oracle nee jdk1.1.8 after the install is over. (I guess it never really needed it for the install)

Is there something wrong with my logic? I am relatively new at all this.
Please let me know if there is a better way,

Roshan Received on Wed Apr 28 2004 - 08:21:30 CDT