Re: jdk118 after oracle install on redhat

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:03:41 GMT

roshan wrote:

> this is fairly old, I want to install the latest (jdk 1.4 I think) as
> I want to install the latest Tomcat as well.

The reason for my question: Since you can have multiple JVM (and JDK) coexist on your machine, I'd like to understand why people want to remove the older one (especially if there is a possibilty it might still be useful).

If you want to have the latest one around, go for it. But there is no need to uninstall the older one first just to accomplish the install. (Just make sure your PATH and CLASSPATH are correct or you use explicit paths.) Received on Wed Apr 28 2004 - 09:03:41 CDT