Re: LTM

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:33:14 -0500

On 28 Apr 2004 03:11:23 -0700, themommi_at_iol.it (Marco) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a newbie question for Oracle DBA.
>
>If I have a LTM (Locally Managed Tablespace) defined with "uniform
>size", is it possible to alter the size (of the extents...) via
>sqlplus (without OEM) ?
>
>Is't possible online?....offline....?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Marco

Marco,

Niel and Richard have given you the direct technical answer, but allow me to clear up another potential mis-understanding suggested by your question.

SQLPlus and OEM are just tools. Neither brings any magic, special abilities to database operations and managment. OEM is powerful in its ability to automate a lot of stuff, but it doesn't give you any basic ability that you can't do from sqlplus.

As far as the database is concerned, sqlplus and OEM are both "just another client application." Received on Wed Apr 28 2004 - 08:33:14 CDT