Discovery of node failing ..plz help!!

From: jag <jag_techie_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2004 08:31:05 -0700

Well i created couple of separate database using DBCA without oracle jvm, multimedia, example db, xml db coz for our databases we did not need it. Now to manage those databases i use EMC but to take backups or restore or export import the emc has to be opened in OMS mode so for that i created a separate database OEMREP using emca and now when i start the emc in oms mode and then it comes up with discover node wizard and i enter the host name even the system full ip add. where my databases are but it still gives me an error saying cannot find node , intelligent agent not running. so i go to prompt back and try to start the agent using agentctl start but it fails to start. when i see the log it says failed while initializing SNMP. Can someone plz help me as i need to try to run hot backups for my databases. Plz tell me what am i doing wrong or what do i need to do or check. We have aix 5.1 operating system and oracle 9i (9.2.0.5). Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot in advance.

-jag Received on Fri Apr 23 2004 - 10:31:05 CDT