Creating datafiles for 500GB database

From: Sandy N <urockblue96_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2004 18:45:34 -0700

Hi,

I have been entrusted the responsibility of creating physical structure of a datamart. Approximate size of the database would be 500GB. It will work on windows server. Till now I have been working mostly working with around 10 - 20 GB databases.

Any indicators as to how much size I should go with the database files ? I was thinking of creating 50 10GB files. Does it sound feasible ? Any thoughts would be helpful.

Regards
Sandy Received on Sun Apr 11 2004 - 20:45:34 CDT