Re: Help! Listener crashes without reason on Windows XP SP1

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2004 15:11:12 -0700

"Herbert Ebberg" <herbert.ebberg_at_eitcon.de> wrote in message news:<c53luo$g84$1_at_ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>...
> Hello,
> I need some help - my listener crashes without reason after installing
> Oracle 9i on a Windows XP Prof ServicePack2. I can start the listener with
> lsnrctl or with the services of xp, the first tnsping works fine, but when I
> try it again, the listener crashes without reason. Is there a known problen
> with winsock or is there a path for xp ?
>
> Please help
>
> Herbert Ebberg
>

> My listener.ora:
>
> LISTENER =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
> )
>
> SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> (SID_LIST =
> (SID_DESC =
> (SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
> (ORACLE_HOME = C:\Programme\oracle\ora92)
> (PROGRAM = extproc)
> )
> (SID_DESC =
> (GLOBAL_DBNAME = orcl)
> (ORACLE_HOME = C:\Programme\oracle\ora92)
> (SID_NAME = orcl)
> )
> )
>
> My tnsnames.ora:
> ORCL.EBBERG.NO-IP.COM =
> (DESCRIPTION =
> (ADDRESS_LIST =
> (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
> )
> (CONNECT_DATA =
> (SERVICE_NAME = orcl)
> )
> )

Forums on metalink have a bunch of postings about such problems, not much answers. Some have been helped by removing compression software (came with Aircard, had to be completely deinstalled), anti-virus, or turning off firewall. Something about trying USE_SHARED_SOCKET=TRUE too. FWIW.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20040408/news_1b8resmed.html