Help! Listener crashes without reason on Windows XP SP1

From: Herbert Ebberg <herbert.ebberg_at_eitcon.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:01:19 +0200

Hello,
I need some help - my listener crashes without reason after installing Oracle 9i on a Windows XP Prof ServicePack2. I can start the listener with lsnrctl or with the services of xp, the first tnsping works fine, but when I try it again, the listener crashes without reason. Is there a known problen with winsock or is there a path for xp ?

Please help

Herbert Ebberg

My listener.ora:

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))   )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\Programme\oracle\ora92)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = orcl)
(ORACLE_HOME = C:\Programme\oracle\ora92)
(SID_NAME = orcl)

    )
  )

My tnsnames.ora:
ORCL.EBBERG.NO-IP.COM =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)

    )