Re: How to store GUIDs generated from Microsoft

From: Dave Sisk <dsisk_at_nc.rr.com.0nospam0>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:49:17 GMT

I would absolutely agree with Brian on both points. I've stored SQLServer GUID's in VARCHAR2(36) column previously...no issues. The dashes are kind of wasted space...you could strip those out and store them in VARCHAR2(32), which is what I normally use for Oracle SYS_GUID's. I also agree that there will be a performance hit, but it will be negligible. If it's a huge database (like in mult-terabyte), storage might be a concern...