Re: I hate OTN now (and Metalink's searches)

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:54:22 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Dusan Bolek wrote:
>

>> And another rant. Are others here satisfied with Metalink search
>> engine? I would prefer Google search instead of Oracle's. In all cases
>> when I try to find something in the beginning are useless docs,
>> usually some patches for VMS or for Oracle Application. Strange is
>> that when I looked into them from curiosity, there was not a single
>> occurence of any of my words used in the search. :-(
>>
>> --
>> Dusan Bolek

> Agreed. And the quality of the results returned has gone down
> very substantially too.

Well - it seems documented (so I was told by a colleague - haven't checked), that Platform and Product are _hints_, not criteria (as I think these used to be) anymore.

Might explain a thing or two, and _should_ get you the right article faster (but buried in a larger pile)

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel