Re: I hate OTN now (and Metalink's searches)

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:55:13 -0800

Brian Peasland wrote:

> {rant on}
>
> Why oh why did OTN decide to bury the links to the docs way down in the
> lower right hand corner of the page? It was hard enough to get people to
> access the docs when it was an easy click from the top of the page. Now
> I have to scroll down to the bottom, pull down a menu, and select an
> item.
>
> {rant off}
>
> {rant on 2}
>
> Why oh why did Metalink decide to "improve" my searching by getting rid
> of the quick search ability from the home page? Now I have to click on a
> button to get to advanced searching.
>
> {rant off 2}

I fully support both of your rants.

My guess is that whoever ordered the change is taking money under-the-table from IBM. I hope that was sufficiently insulting to the person or persons responsible to get my point across. ;-)

Tom, Mark, anyone, please ask them to restore the original code. And as the saying goes ... "if it ain't broke ... don't fix it."

Thanks.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu