Re: I hate OTN now (and Metalink's searches)

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:00:42 -0800

DJ wrote:

> "Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> wrote in message
>

>>"Van Messner" <messner1_at_NOSPAMbestweb.net> wrote in message
>>| Put me down for whatever number you're up to.  Metalink searching has
>>always
>>| been a bit of an embarrassment for a database company that touts its
>>ability
>>| to store documents and to search them.  The new interface is really

> lame.
>

>>| "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message

>>the

> people

>>Now

>>rid

> on

> cases

>>has anybody thought of creating a TAR?
>>
>>;-{ mcs
>>

> And to top it all it is really slow!
>
> but true the search is crap, the mouse over stuff doesnt work and it takes
> ages to get an answer on the forum
>
> Does anyone actually like it?

Not one person I know likes the changes. What's to like about a change that improves nothing, makes using a service we've paid for more painful, and gives results with less speed and far less accuracy.

I'd like to see if we can get an Oracle employee to step forward here in this usenet group, and I know there are plenty of them lurking, to either defend the changes or stand up and tell us how to best get them rescinded.

Thank you.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu