Re: Yet another ORA-01555 question

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:21:24 GMT

Andrew Metcalfe wrote:

> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> > On 30 Mar 2004 11:34:45 -0800, chicagoandy_at_hotmail.com (Andrew
> > Metcalfe) wrote:
> >

> > Simply because the larger transactions never were executed using RBS02
>
> I'm confused. That's the segment that reported the error. The error is
> RBS02 is too small, and when I look at it, indeed it is the smallest of
> the 3.
>
> I had thought it was odd that it was of differing size then the other
> two, and that the proper course of action would be to set its size to be
> the same as the other ones.
>
> Would the small size of this one segment be the cause of my error?
>
> Or do I need to add more segments?
>
> _Am

Are you sure that your error indicated that the rollback segment did not have enough space? In this case, it may be more likely that your rollback segment was trying to extend, but the tablespace did not have enough space. Have you checked for that condition? You may also want to post the exact error number and message.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com